- Follow the blockchain industry with focus on decentralized finance (“DeFi”), identify trends and segments to continuously improve the investment strategy.
- Proactively generate new opportunities (for both direct investment and yield generation), screen companies/protocols, run the due diligence process and prepare investment committee-ready documents. Present deals to the investment committee.
- Develop industry benchmarks for decentralized finance protocols including spot & derivatives trading, insurance, lending/borrowing, indices, structured products.
- Actively participate in the governance of portfolio protocols, create new proposals with focus on long-term success, evangelize the community to support them.
- Build massive Twitter following within the DeFi ecosystem. Actively participate on attractive topics (i.e. releases of new protocols, hacks) and add value.
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP & NETWORKING
- Periodically write articles and knowledge nuggets. Actively seek speaking opportunities at crypto conferences
- Establish and nurture network of founders and subject matter experts
- Build relationships with strategic fund partners and industry influencers.
- 10 out of 10 drive and sense of ownership.
- Experience and successful track record in Tier 1 asset management or consulting firm (minimum 3 years).
- Understanding of complex financial products (i.e. experience in pricing of exotic derivatives, developing structured products).
- Ability to structure, analyze and synthesize complex problems.
- Ability to establish working relationships with industry leaders, founders and fund partners.
- Ability to evangelize crowd to support governance proposals.
- Proficient English communication.
- Proficient PowerPoint presenting.
- (Plus) Successful track record in product management.
- (Plus) CFA or IT background.
- (Plus) Expertise in blockchain/ cryptocurrency investing.
- (Plus) Established network and relationships with VCs, blockchain companies, media and conferences.